Re: baynetworks router DoS

From: Anton Rager (a_ragerat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 26 1999 - 17:12:32 PST

    The Centillion 1000 [c-1000] referenced is actually an ATM switch, and
    the unit/operational code was developed by NEC, and is resold by Bay
    [now Nortel].  We have a C1400 with an slightly older revision of code
    [7.01], and can't duplicate the problem -- besides, it only asks for a
    password initially, then you can enable priv access with another
    password....not the sequence described.

    Perhaps he is referring to the Bay/Nortel Accelar 1000 series layer
    2/layer 3 switches.  They function as an IP router.  I'm running 1.3.0
    boot and runtime code on an Accelar 1200, and can't duplicate the
    problem.  Perhaps he is using older/newer code?

    Also tested with BCN/ASN/AN Bay routers, and can't duplicate the
    problem with version 9.00 or 12.10 operational code.

    I have no clue what VIRSOFTat_private is testing with......

    Anton Rager

    ---John <flamingdogat_private> wrote:

    > I asked a friend at Baynetworks about it and he replied with this:
    >

    > Never heard of a Bay 1000 router, there is a c-1000 switch that does
    > atm,DS3 Banwidth aggregation for carriers like MCI. Its new, like 6
    > months.
    >

    > ---Virsoft <virsoftat_private> wrote:
    > >
    > > In the last night, i was testing DoS with several Baynetworks
    > routers (serie 1000). I discovered that they reset when you put a
    > login bigger than 256 bytes,
    > > and if you put the same into the password query, the never more work
    > until manual reset.

    ==
    Anton Rager
    a_ragerat_private