Re: open socket in java

From: Simon Kilvington (s.kilvingtonat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 05 1999 - 04:06:52 PST

    nino wrote:

    > BTW - dont be afraid to release the code. It makes it more easy to the
    > rest of us, to see what happened. And the script kids got lots of evil
    > tools out there, so I think they wouldnt be too interested in code they
    > have to alter before its useful.

    	here's the code - use Netscape's Java console to capture the
    class file, and then use something like Jad to decompile it...

    // Decompiled by Jad v1.5.5.3. Copyright 1997-98 Pavel Kouznetsov.
    // Jad home page:      http://web.unicom.com.cy/~kpd/jad.html
    // Decompiler options: packimports(3)
    // Source File Name:   Sapplet.java

    import java.applet.Applet;
    import java.io.IOException;
    import java.io.PrintStream;
    import java.net.ServerSocket;

    public class Sapplet extends Applet
    {

        public void init()
        {
            try
            {
                s = new ServerSocket(6969);
                return;
            }
            catch(IOException ex)
            {
                System.out.println("Well drat, it didn't work.");
            }
        }

        public Sapplet()
        {
        }

        ServerSocket s;
    }

    --
    Simon Kilvington, s.kilvingtonat_private