NT too? Re: Another Windows98 Bug...

From: Clifford Hammerschmidt (chammersat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 11 1999 - 11:25:01 PST

    The following perl script will create a 250 character file that will crash
    WinNT (service pack 3) explorer when right-clicked on:
    $fn = 'A' x 250;
    open (FH,">$fn") or die ":$!\n";
    print FH "it worked?";
    close FH;

    You may have to create the file inside a subdirectory. I think what is
    happening here is the path+filename exceeds MAX_PATH.

    To delete the file drop to a command window and delete it using it's
    shortname (dir /X will display shortnames).