Re: SSH puts . in $PATH (solved)

From: Kenn Humborg (kennat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 12 1999 - 04:27:47 PST

    Many thanks to the 50+ people who checked this out
    for me.  I got two positives and the remainder were
    negatives.  I really didn't expect such a response!

    Further investigation on my part has tracked down the
    culprit:

    The RPMs were built with no --with-path= option to ./configure.
    The default path then fell back to using _PATH_DEFPATH from
    /usr/include/paths.h.  In paths.h as shipped with libc5, this
    path is "/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:.".

    In paths.h as shipped with glibc, it is "/usr/bin:/bin".

    I'll contact the maintainer of the ssh RPMs and ask him to
    use the --with-path option to ./configure.

    Thanks again for your help.

    Kenn