AOL Instant Messenger URL Crash

From: Adam Brown (madat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 19 1999 - 20:00:00 PDT

    There is a bug in the newer versions of AOL's Instant Messenger that will
    cause the client to crash when exploited.  All builds of version 2.0 that
    I've tested seem to be vulnerable, although I have not done extensive
    version testing.  AOL was notified of this about two weeks ago.  To exploit
    this bug, send a hyperlink in this format: aim:addbuddy?=screenname

    Have fun,

    SpunOne

    http://www.fazed.net

    http://www.webzone.net