Re: Bug in WinNT 4.0 SP4

From: Paul Gracy (paul.gracyat_private)
Date: Mon Apr 26 1999 - 13:36:11 PDT

    I must disagree.  Any action that a program takes that can crash a server is
    a bug.  Period.

    The fact that properly using the SDK and following all the 'rules of
    microsoft' would prevent the crash is not an excuse.  When the application
    tries to do something that would cause a crash, the OS should whack the
    offender's knuckles (see Dr. Watson), not curl up and die.

    I am tired of bad code being given excuses.  If MS wants to run large,
    mission-critical / business-critical systems, they should fix their code.

    IMHO.

    Paul H. Gracy
    paul.gracyat_private
    phone: 404 705 2873