Re: Windows NT 4.0, 95, 98 (?) networked PRN flaw

From: Lyndon Nerenberg (Lyndon.Nerenbergat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 09 1999 - 11:47:10 PDT

    > I wonder what would happen if I created a file called "/etc/passwd" in
    > the current directory... probably nothing. But who knows?

    If you created it in, say, /var/tmp, and the system had a root-run cron
    job that did 'cd /var/tmp; find . -mtime +7 -print | xargs rm -f',
    things would get interesting.

    A quick scan through ufs_readdir() (in FreeBSD-current) indicates it
    will return the file name, slashes and all. Thus, anything calling
    unlink() inside of a readdir() loop would be in for one hell of a
    surprise.
    --

    The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity.
    					-- Harlan Ellison