Re: Troff dangerous.

From: Yozo Toda (yozoat_private-U.AC.JP)
Date: Sun Jul 25 1999 - 19:41:36 PDT

    > A "fix" to the problem would be to introduce a commandswitch for enabling the
    > dangerous troff-commands, which is what I personally am going to do anyway..

    looking at groff-1.10 and groff-1.11a,
    I found -msafer option to DISABLE dangerous commands...

    %%%% from "nroff -man $(GROFF)/tmac/msafer.n" %%%%

    MSAFER(7)         Device and Network Interfaces         MSAFER(7)

    NAME
         msafer - groff -msafer macros

    SYNOPSIS
         groff -msafer [ options...  ] [ files...  ]

    DESCRIPTION
         The -msafer macros remove the open, opena, pso,  sy  and  pi
         requests.  These macros should be used when processing input
         from an untrustworthy  source.   For  maximum  safety,  they
         should be the first -m option on the command-line.  Normally
         they are invoked using the -S option of  groff,  which  will
         also pass gpic the -S flag.

    FILES
         /opt/gnu/share/groff/tmac/tmac.safer

    SEE ALSO
         groff(1), gtroff(1), gpic(1)

    Groff Version 1.11  Last change: 26 June 1995                   1

    %%%% %%%%

    -- yozo.