Re: word 97 macrovirus protection problem

From: Emils Klotins (emilsat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 28 1999 - 03:09:46 PDT

    > i recently noticed, while dealing with a macro virus going around my
    > office (too new for latest av software), that word 97's 'macro virus
    > protection' feature doesn't work when printing documents directly from
    > explorer.

    I have not checked this with Word '97, but I know that MS Word 6.0 has a macro checker
    template downloadable from Microsoft web site, which basically does the same thing as the Word
    '97 macro protection feature. I noted that the Word 6.0 template did not check files opened via
    recent files menu, i.e. via File | 1 or 2 etc. Maybe Word'97 feature has the same shortcomings.

    Emils Klotins       e-mail: emilsat_private
    Systems Manager     URL: http://www.usis.bkc.lv/
    USIS Riga           7 Smilsu Str., Riga LV1050, LATVIA