Re: IE and cached passwords

From: Paul Leach (Exchange) (paulleat_private)
Date: Fri Aug 27 1999 - 19:04:53 PDT

    The server gets to say, in the WWW-Authenticate challenge header field, for
    which "realm" it wants credentials (name+password). If both www.company.com
    and www.company.com:81 send the same realm, then the same password will
    continue to work.

    This behavior is as spec'd for HTTP Authentication, RFC 2617.

    So, it is not a security flaw.