Re: I found this today and iam reporting it to you first!!! (fwd)

From: Bret Watson (ticmat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 07 1999 - 01:24:42 PDT

    Beleive me, its still there - often... WHy is it left open? mainly because
    the INetwork admin who setup the firewall found it too hard to fix - I'd say..

    Cheers,

    Bret

    At 10:51 PM 9/4/99 +1200, Alan Brown wrote:
    >On Thu, 2 Sep 1999, Technical Incursion Countermeasures wrote:
    >
    >> You can do a variation on this one (well sort opf - is a logstanding prob)
    >
    >This used to be a favourite trick played on spammer autoresponders
    >several years ago.
    >
    >Why would anyone leave this kind of hole open after all this time?
    >
    >AB

    Technical Incursion Countermeasures
    consultingat_private                      http://www.ticm.com/
    voice mail/fax: (+65)459 6373(UTC+8 hrs)

    The Insider - a e'zine on Computer security Call for papers Vol 3 Issue 2
    http://www.ticm.com/info/insider/index.html