Re: Analysis of Tribe Flood Network

From: Stefan Laudat (stefanat_private)
Date: Fri Dec 10 1999 - 01:17:17 PST

    > I just wanted to tell you that 'trinoo' has been around for
    > more than half a year, originally developed by 'takeover / war'
    > groups on IRC to launch attacks against users and IRC servers.
    > Since trinoo was never published, I wrote TFN and made it publicly
    > available at some security sites, in hope to make some people aware
    > of the impact of 'distributed DoS'..

    Ahem, there was a public mIRC script called Tribe (two years ago) downloadable
    from the whole internet that used the described 'flood net' command set. I used it personally
    but I was never aware of that 'feature'. So this TFN is even older. Keep analyzing
    your servers, you might been 0wned from a long time >8-)

    --

    Stefan Laudat
    Data Networks Analyst

    HELP!!!! I'm being held prisoner in /usr/games/lib!