Announcement: Solaris loadable kernel module backdoor

From: plasmoid (plasmoidat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 20 1999 - 14:43:46 PST

    I'd like to announce in addition to the two THC articles covering Linux
    and FreeBSD loadable kernel module backdoors the first public loadable
    kernel module backdoor for Solaris.

    The module features:
            - File hiding
            - File content and directory hiding
            - Switch to toggle file content and directory hiding
            - Process hiding (structured proc)
            - Promiscous flag hiding
            - Converting magic uid to root uid
            - Execution redirecting

    It has been successfully tested on the following operating systems:
    Solaris7 x86 / sparc / ultrasparc
    Solaris 2.6 ultrasparc

    The module can be directly downloaded from
    --- http://www.infowar.co.uk/thc/files/thc/slkm-1.0.tar.gz

    A complete documentation of the kernel module's functions can be found in
    my article "Attacking Solaris with loadable kernel modules" at
    --- http://www.infowar.co.uk/thc

    Regards,
    Plasmoid / THC
    http://www.infowar.co.uk/thc