Re: XML in IE 5.0

From: Brian Behlendorf (brianat_private)
Date: Mon Jan 17 2000 - 12:03:30 PST

    On Fri, 14 Jan 2000, Ryan Russell wrote:
    > For Windows users, The MS guys gave an interesting talk at the NTBugtraq
    > Canada Day Party at Russ' house last year.  NT2000 will include a feature that
    > is similar to su on unix, which will allow one to have different windows open
    > as different users on the same box... I believe it's an extension of the
    > terminal server concept.  Anyway, once folks get NT2000, they should really
    > consider running their browsers as locked-down, non-priveledged users.

    Except that browsers have exchanges with the outside world that carry
    personalization with it, so at some level the browser needs to be tied
    with an identity, and compromising that identity will always be a concern.
    But that's another topic; just wanted to prove there's no easy solution,
    but it's good to see MS playing catchup with Unix on this, even if it has
    been 15-20 years.

    	Brian