Re: Microsoft Security Bulletin (MS00-005)

From: Matt Davis (bigdogat_private)
Date: Wed Jan 19 2000 - 14:00:41 PST

    Which brings up a good question..  What makes a vulnerability
    WindowsUpdate material?

    Why does Microsoft not put all security/bug fixes on the Windows Update
    site as recommended updates?

    On Wed, 19 Jan 2000 bugtraqat_private wrote:

    > 	Interesting that this is not a part of Windows 98's Windows
    > Update.  If it was a serious enough vulnerability to fix you would think
    > that it would also be easy to download and install without subscribing to
    > any security related lists.  :>
    >
    > 	_John

    ---
    Matt Davis - ICQ# 934680
    http://dogpound.vnet.net/~bigdog/
    NoWonder UNIX Tech - http://www.nowonder.com

    I think someone should have had the decency to tell me the luncheon was free. To make someone run out with potato salad in his hand, pretending he's throwing up, is not what I call hospitality.