Re: Security Issues with HIGHSPEEDWEB.NET leased servers

From: Brian Mueller (bmuellerat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 20 2000 - 17:02:51 PST

    This is a follow-up to my origional message.

    <-- begin cut here -->
    Elias - Please post this message to BugTraq, I have been asked by
    highspeedweb to make a public appology and further explain my intentions.
    The origional message came off sounding like a complaint it seems, and I
    have no problems appologizing if I stepped on anyones toes as it was not my
    intention to do so.
    <-- end cut here -->

    Public Appology

    I would like to point out that it was not my intention at any time to
    humiliate, or publicly harm highspeedweb in any way.  I use their services
    and if they weren't good in general I would not continue to do so.  I have
    suggested many of my clients to use highspeedweb for their
    dedicated/colocated server solutions and I would not have done so if the
    service was bad.

    It has also come to my attention that someone other than highspeedweb may
    have removed the deny all:all line from the hosts.deny file.  That being the
    case their configuration was secure when they released its administration to
    myself.

    Thank you,

    Brian Mueller

    Brian Mueller