Re: stream.c - new FreeBSD exploit?

From: Haight, Kristofer (Kristofer.Haightat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 21 2000 - 13:48:17 PST

    This may yet another Unix-only attack.

    Either I compiled it wrong (I will check when I return to work Monday), or
    WindowsNT is immune to this attack totally. I didnt see anything strange
    happening at all (except the hub in my LAB was going nuts). This was tested
    on a WindowsNT Box running NT 4.0, SP 5, Option Pack 4 with IIS 4. The DoS
    was coming from a RedHat 6.0 Linux Box. I tried to hit several ports known
    open ports and what not, but I didnt see a thing.

    I will also check to see if Win9x or Win2k is immune to this on Monday.

    If anyone has sucessfully gotten this to kill an NT box, please let me know
    and what you did to change that. I'd like to hear this

    Will have more later, but wanted to test this quickly before I go home for
    the weekend =)

    -- Kris

    Kristofer Haight
    NT Network Administrator and EA Admin