FTPPro has weird features - Fwd: Important matter for your abuse

From: Cedric Amand (cedricat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 28 2000 - 07:26:52 PST

    Just received a couple of such E-mails, I'm working in a european ISP
    and I thought it could interest some of you.

    I don't use this program ( www.ftppro.com ) myself, but it looks
    like this company finds normal to have "trojan-like" features
    in their program, not only are they spamming a nationwide ISP
    with crap like this (I don't care if my customers don't pay
    their licenses !) but they also submitted me with a valid
    login in each of their emails, logins that were entered into
    the FTP program by our customers.

    So I guess the program sends login information (at least login, ftp
    server target and source IP, possibly password as well) to
    a central site or something.
    Reverse engineer the program if you do care. ;)

    And as for the legal arguments in this crap, the world != the US and
    all of this junk has no meaning whatsoever in 99% of the world.

    --
    --< Cedric "Ced" Amand >--< cedric.amandat_private >--
    --< http://cedric.net/ >--< Data Security Manager SKYNET >--

    This is a forwarded message from FTPProat_private about
    Important matter for your abuse department