Re: Debian (frozen): Perms on /usr/lib/libguile.so.6.0.0

From: Torsten Landschoff (torstenat_private)
Date: Tue Feb 08 2000 - 01:17:01 PST

    Hi Jamie, *

    On Sat, Feb 05, 2000 at 10:00:24PM -0400, Jamie Fifield wrote:
    > wraith:~$ ls -l /usr/lib/libguile.so.6.0.0
    > -rwxrwxrwx  1 root   root    469196 Nov 20 17:55 /usr/lib/libguile.so.6.0.0
    >
    > First reported some 57 days ago by Ethan Benson (bug ID #52415) and still
    > hasn't been fixed in the distribution.  Frozen-Potato testers out there should
    > be aware and chmod the file to 644.  This file reportedly occurs on a fresh
    > potato install, and occured on my slink->potato upgraded install.

    Yep, this bug has lasted way too long. I sent a fix to the maintainer who
    answered :

    From: Craig Brozefsky <craig@red-bean.com>
    Date: 02 Feb 2000 20:39:58 -0800

    > Just uploaded a version of the package with this fix.  Will close the
    > bug out when it's incorporated into the archive.  Wanted to give you a
    > hedz up.

    Now that I read about this problem again I looked on our master server for
    the fixed package and did not find it. Craig: What happened to your upload?

    Thanks

        Torsten

    --
    Torsten Landschoff           Bluehorn@IRC               <torstenat_private>
               Debian Developer and Quality Assurance Committee Member