Debian (frozen): Perms on /usr/lib/libguile.so.6.0.0

From: Jamie Fifield (fifieldat_private)
Date: Sat Feb 05 2000 - 18:00:24 PST

    wraith:~$ ls -l /usr/lib/libguile.so.6.0.0
    -rwxrwxrwx  1 root   root    469196 Nov 20 17:55 /usr/lib/libguile.so.6.0.0

    First reported some 57 days ago by Ethan Benson (bug ID #52415) and still
    hasn't been fixed in the distribution.  Frozen-Potato testers out there should
    be aware and chmod the file to 644.  This file reportedly occurs on a fresh
    potato install, and occured on my slink->potato upgraded install.

    AFAIK, libguile is used by gnucash in Debian, which can be used to handle
    sensitive financial information.

    My appologies if this is already widely known outside of Debian, it was news
    to me when I came across the filed bug report.

    --
    Jamie Fifield
    <fifieldat_private>