Re: perl-cgi hole in UltimateBB by Infopop Corp.

From: H D Moore (secureat_private)
Date: Mon Feb 14 2000 - 12:26:20 PST

    Hi,

    I am the administrator for a site running the commercial version of UBB,
    the problem exists there as well.  The faulty code is in ubb_library.pl:

    if ($ThreadFile =~ /\d\d\.[m|n|ubb|cgi]/) {

    I don't actually know the original line number, as we hacked up our copy
    to use MD5 password hashes versus clear-text and added many new
    logging/security features to curb abuse.  Since all of the modifications
    to the code were paid for by my client, I may not be able to release
    them to the public...

    -HD