Re: `Microsoft VM for Java' allows reading local files using

From: TAKAGI, Hiromitsu (takagiat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 24 2000 - 15:40:20 PST

    On Tue, 1 Feb 2000 10:49:54 +0900, I wrote:
    > Microsoft JVM allows reading local files using getSystemResourceAsStream.
    > For a detailed description, please see the following article.
    > http://java-house.etl.go.jp/ml/archive/j-h-b/030376.html (in Japanese)
    > http://java-house.etl.go.jp/ml/archive/j-h-b/030411.html (in English)

    We have released a new note which includes additional information to the
    previous warning.
    http://java-house.etl.go.jp/ml/archive/j-h-b/031072.html (in Japanese)
    http://java-house.etl.go.jp/ml/archive/j-h-b/031178.html (in English)

    There are three new issues:
      1.  Windows2000 is also affected
      2.  IE5 has additional hole for "Existence Attack" over whole C:\
      3.  Patch available from Microsoft with inappropriate description
          of the vulnerability

    Thank you.
    --
    Hiromitsu Takagi