Re: multiple vulnerabilities in Alcatel Speed Touch DSL modems

From: SpaceTime (spctmat_private)
Date: Thu Apr 19 2001 - 05:34:32 PDT

    We have unsuccessfully attempted to connect to both an Alcatel Speed Touch
    Home and Alcatel 1000 ADSL at 10.0.0.138 and are wondering if there's
    something we're missing?  The connection is established but then repeatedly
    times out.  This has been tried from multiple platforms to no avail.

    The documentation in the released advisory
    <http://www.cert.org/advisories/CA-2001-08.html>
    for connecting and configuring the modems is very similar if not identical
    to those found in the modem manuals, however both http and telnet requests
    to 10.0.0.138 are timing out.

    Is access to the modem configuration a feature that has been turned off by
    the ISP upon initial installation (we are doubtful of this as we are unable
    to connect to the modems even after resetting them to their default state)?
    Are we using the wrong IP?  Is this a symptom of any of the found attacks
    (it doesn't seem to be)?  Any and all responses are greatly appreciated

    Jim Smithers
    SpaceTime Research
    --
    "When a subject becomes totally obsolete we make it a required course."
    -Peter Drucker