Re: MacOSX 10.0.X Permissions uncorrectly set

From: Etaoin Shrdlu (shrdluat_private)
Date: Thu Jun 28 2001 - 20:02:38 PDT

    Jörg Preuß wrote:

    > kangoo  wrote:
    > > Permissions of /Users/yourname/Desktop which show your desktop is
    > > xrwxrwxrwx, allowing every user to read/write on your own Desktop folder.

    > That seems to be correct. My station is running on osx 10.0.4 and all
    > desktop folders have permissons 777 - even that one from root...

    Well, I was quite curious about this, having been a part of the beta
    test of macos X for quite a while. We upgraded to 10.0.4, and lo and
    behold, some accounts had the problem, and some did not. Turns out that
    those created during the beta test period were the problematic ones. We
    scrubbed the disk, and reinstalled. All accounts now have the correct
    permissions.

    Sounds like the problem accounts were upgrades from beta versions. If
    you are running an upgrade from a beta, then you might want to take a
    second look. Fresh installs seem to be just fine.

    --
    COMPASS [for the CDC-6000 series] is the sort of assembler
    one expects from a corporation whose president codes in octal.