Re: MacOSX 10.0.X Permissions uncorrectly set

From: patpro (patproat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 17:34:45 PDT

    le 30/06/01 11:20, gabriel rosenkoetter à grat_private a écrit :

    > Perhaps someone with both a beta and a release installer could test
    > this theory by installing on a fresh machine first with the beta,
    > adding a few users, making the upgrade, and adding a few more users,
    > then wiping things out and installing just the release version?

    Hi,

    after questioning few people about these permission corruption it's sounds
    like it can happen even on a fresh install (not on top of a (erased) beta).

    for example, a user reports having rw set for everybody on every user's
    desktop folder on a clean install. The same partition holds a French MacOS
    9.1, and OSX is very likely to be installed in French. He says he has not
    installed "special" soft (Xfree or other hacks). Dev.Tools are installed.

    Another user pointed out that it might be a localization bug. As it already
    happened in the past, I'm likely to consider this option as a serious one.

    So it leads me to the following question :

    does anybody using a pure english OSX install has noticed permission
    corruption on his/her machine ? (no dev. release)

    By the way, I've gat 2 installs of OSX, both in english, one for test
    purpose, the other quite clean, Dev.tools installed, no OS 9. None of these
    have world r/w desktop..

    patpro
    --
     ()    Campagne du ruban ascii...
     /\    Contre les mails en html, les vcards et les blaireaux