Re: MacOSX 10.0.X Permissions uncorrectly set - I got it

From: patpro (patproat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 03 2001 - 18:05:56 PDT

    le 4/07/01 2:34, patpro à patproat_private a écrit :

    > Another user pointed out that it might be a localization bug. As it already
    > happened in the past, I'm likely to consider this option as a serious one.
    >
    > So it leads me to the following question :
    >
    > does anybody using a pure english OSX install has noticed permission
    > corruption on his/her machine ? (no dev. release)

    Well,

    after sending this mail I've given a try to my speculations and managed to
    reproduce the permission corruption of Desktop. Here is step by step what
    I've done :

    -1- booted an english install of OSX and logged in as admin User (english).
    -2- added a user (test)
    -3- logged out
    -4- logged in as 'test'
    -5- tuned OSX so that 'test' is a french user.
    -6- logged out and in to check /Users/test/Desktop's permission : drwx------

    -7- logged out and logged in as root (english) (bad bad boy)
    -8- set prefered language to french
    -9- logged out and in to ensure everything will work in french
    -10- added a user (test2)
    -11- logged out
    -12- logged in as 'test2' (everything looks english)
    -13- checked /Users/test2/Desktop's permission : drwxrwxrwx
    -14- TADAAAAM here we are !

    thanx to Kangoo (a fellow reader of the french MacOSX forum at
    www.macplus.net) who pointed out that localization might be THE issue.

    patpro
    --
    "Rien ne se perd, rien ne se crée, tout s'empile"
                                 - Mon Bureau -