Re: MacOSX 10.0.X Permissions uncorrectly set - I got it

From: patpro (patproat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 04 2001 - 15:27:41 PDT

    le 4/07/01 23:29, Sandor W. Sklar à ssklarat_private a écrit :

    > I think that the easiest way to determine which localizations have
    > this problem is to look at:
    >
    > tar tvf
    > /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/Admin.framework/Resources/LANGUAGE.lproj/use
    > r.gnutar
    >
    > .... where LANGUAGE is each of the supported languages.  In the
    > English.lproj, one can see that the perms on the Desktop folder are
    > set correctly.  Unfortunately, on my system, I've gone through and
    > rm'd all of the non-English .lproj folders, so I cannot easily verify
    > where the problem might lie.
    >
    > If the above is the problem though, then the simplest solution would
    > be to untar the unser.gnutar file, change the perms to what is
    > desired, and then retar the directory.

    here is the probleme : Desktop is not defined in all of these frameworks :

    bash-2.05$ ls -l user.template/
    total 7
    drwx------   2 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 14  2000 Documents
    drwx------  13 patpro  wheel  512 Feb 21 03:56 Library
    drwx------   2 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 15  2000 Movies
    drwx------   2 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 15  2000 Music
    drwx------   2 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 15  2000 Pictures
    drwxr-xr-x   3 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 15  2000 Public
    drwxr-xr-x   2 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 23  2000 Sites

    For French, German, Italian and Spanish, Desktop is created at login time
    with drwxrwxrwx permission.

    For English, Dutch and Japanese user.template, the Desktop is inside the
    tarball :

    bash-2.05$ ls -l user.template/
    total 8
    drwx------   2 patpro  wheel  512 Jan 31 00:17 Desktop
    drwx------   2 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 14  2000 Documents
    drwx------  15 patpro  wheel  512 Feb  3 01:40 Library
    drwx------   2 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 15  2000 Movies
    drwx------   2 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 15  2000 Music
    drwx------   2 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 15  2000 Pictures
    drwxr-xr-x   3 patpro  wheel  512 Nov 15  2000 Public
    drwxr-xr-x   3 patpro  wheel  512 Feb 14 01:31 Sites

    ... with the right permissions.

    the solution you provide is still good, just untar the user.gnutar
    add the Desktop folder with drwx------ and tar.

    patpro
    --
    "Real time is more like HTML"