RE: MALWARE HOAX FW: Microsoft Security Bulletin MS01-039

From: Patrick Webster (PWebsterat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 16 2001 - 23:38:09 PDT

    Hi,

    I believe the 'Patch' URL was meant to be;

    http://%36%32%2E%35%32%2E%31%36%32%2E%31%34%37/hicagogppr

    Looks like they forgot to add the 'gogppr' to the end of the URL.

    By the sounds of the e-mail, and the size of the 'patch,' I'd presume that
    the e-mail is talking about the W32.Magistr.24876@mm virus.

    By the way, I scanned it (a copy of the self-replacating virus was sent to
    our mail server)  with a 2 week old NAV signature, so you might want to
    actually update yours.

    Patrick Webster, IT Security Engineer
    SafeComs.com

    ...the Safety in your .com
    the Peace of Mind in your Business...

    32 Burra Road, Artarmon
    NSW 2064 - Australia
    Phone: +61 2 98849801
    Fax:     +61 2 98849802

    eMail: pwebsterat_private <mailto:pwebsterat_private>
    Web: <http://www.safecoms.com/>

    Interested in our Product Range?
    Send an email to: infoat_private <mailto:infoat_private>