Re: Microsoft IIS problems (Current)

From: Gary Flynn (flynngnat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 19 2001 - 17:19:57 PDT

    "Lambert, Andy" wrote:

    > This patch seems not to fix the problem with our IIS 4 servers.  The patch
    > is installed, and our IIS services stop at varying intervals, sometime 2
    > hours, 30min, or even 1 min.  This patch seems not to completely help this
    > current problem.  There are others at our campus too who are experiencing
    > the same outages.  Any additional help would be appreciated.

    It fixed the problem here on one NT server. The web service was stopping
    every 2-4 minutes over a period of hours. I had the admin install the
    patch and everything has been running fine for the last couple hours
    to my knowledge. I've got another admin installing the patch right
    now on a different NT and another 2000 server. I'll let you know what
    happens.

    You might want to take the servers to the windows update site. It
    has all the IIS cumulative patches. Maybe the combination helps.
    Or maybe its a service pack or some other issue.

    --
    Gary Flynn
    Security Engineer - Technical Services

    Please R.U.N.S.A.F.E.