RE: URGENT SECURITY ADVISORY FOR SSH SECURE SHELL 3.0.0

From: Stephanie Thomas (customer.serviceat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 16:04:00 PDT

    Hi Roman and Others,

    Thanks for the feedback.

    SSH Secure Shell 3.0.0 does not ship with any
    of the operating systems mentioned, nor does the
    announcement specify that it does. However, if a
    user has explicitly installed SSH Secure Shell 3.0.0
    on any of the listed operating systems, they are
    vulnerable to this potential exploit.

    Please understand that we receive many support requests
    from administrators using either the commercial or
    non-commercial versions of SSH Secure Shell on SuSe, Redhat,
    Caldera, and other Linux versions - even though SSH Secure
    Shell is not bundled these operating systems.  Because
    of this, we wish to ensure that those users are aware that
    this issue does affect them, and what they can do to
    protect themselves.

    We have listed those operating systems which we know
    are vulnerable _with SSH Secure Shell 3.0.0 installed_.

    My apologies if this was not clear in the original
    announcement.

    Best Regards,

    Steph