RE: URGENT SECURITY ADVISORY FOR SSH SECURE SHELL 3.0.0

From: Emre Yildirim (emreat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 23 2001 - 17:11:33 PDT

    > SSH Secure Shell 3.0.0 does not ship with any
    > of the operating systems mentioned, nor does the
    > announcement specify that it does. However, if a
    > user has explicitly installed SSH Secure Shell 3.0.0
    > on any of the listed operating systems, they are
    > vulnerable to this potential exploit.

    I don't want to drag this boring thread any longer, but in
    your advisory, it stated that OpenBSD and NetBSD were
    not vulnerable.  So...if I install SSH 3.0.0 on one of those
    (even though the already come with openssh), ssh will not
    be vulnerable to this bug?  Or will it?  I think that part
    created a little confusion.

    Cheers