Re: permission probs with Arkeia

From: Bryan K. Watson (bwatsonat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 25 2001 - 10:56:37 PDT

    I have tested this and I can read the contents of all database files as
    an unprivileged user in our ARKEIA servers.  So if I can get all
    directory information from the ARKEIA backup trees, and I can get the
    filenames from the database files, then I can launch specific exploits
    to grab the files that I am interested in...dangerous, considering that
    most cracking takes place from within the company according to published
    stats.

    -Bryan