Windows ME file restoration

From: Spirit Of 1 (spiritof1at_private)
Date: Sat Jul 28 2001 - 21:15:50 PDT

    An advisory for all windows ME users:

    Windows ME restores critical system files from backups when they are renamed
    or deleted.  This includes system utilities in the command folder, and some
    DLLs.  If your machine is compromised, and you attempt to clean yourself of
    impurities by cleaning up system files, windows ME may even restore infected
    copies of your system.  I just got windows ME and was completely taken aback
    by this lack of caring from microsoft.  I don't even know if there is a fix
    for this.  If you know how to disable this recovery method that seems
    hard-coded into windows ME, I'd appreciate a reply.  Thanks.

    -spirit of one.