Re: TXT or HTML? -- IE NEW BUG

From: Justin Nelson (securityat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 30 2001 - 10:43:29 PDT

    If anyone is interested, I think I have a real answer on this. Another list
    member sent me to the following URL:

    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/workshop/networking/monik
    er/overview/appendix_a.asp

    This page explains the process in detail. Another member pointed out that on
    IE 5.1 for the Mac OS X, the behavior is very different (everything works as
    expected except text is shown as HTML). But as the above URL explains, IE
    uses a Win32 API function for this, which probably isn't available under OS
    X.

    Hope this clarifies the situation for those interested.

    Sincerely,
    Justin Nelson, SFE Software
    http://www.vdj.net
    Justinat_private