Re: vmware bug?

From: Justin Nelson (securityat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 31 2001 - 08:53:40 PDT

    >> but... stealing another users license is easy...
    >> the license2.0 file in the home directory is 644 too...

    I'm pretty sure the license file is something you copy into your home
    directory yourself -- so just like any other file you put on your machine,
    precautions should be taken to make sure only those authorized should be
    able to view the file.

    The only thing I'd possibly recommend to the vendor would be to note this in
    the instructions sent with the license file...

    Sincerely,
    Justin Nelson, SFE Software
    http://www.vdj.net
    Justinat_private