Re: HTML email "bug", of sorts.

From: Thorat_private
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 11:22:37 PDT

    > Under Outlook, this isn't possible.

    This is a kludge, and I know it is a kludge, but there are some things you
    can do...  I don't expect people to roll this out corporately, but it is an
    option, albeit awkward.  It all depends on how much you hate html mail and
    what your choices for client email programs are.

    In Outlook, you can use Message Rules to move emails with "Content-Type:
    text/html;" or "Content-Type: multipart/alternative;" to a HTML folder.
    This move does not 'preview' the mail, and links are not parsed.  We use ISA
    server; the new firewall client can be enabled/disabled at will without a
    reboot (the MSProxy 2.0 Winsock proxy client did not allow you to do this
    w/o a reboot).  When you get a few html mails in your special folder, just
    disable the fw client (preventing outbound connections) and view the mail.
    If you get html mail internally, you can allow that in to your Inbox with
    some more creative rules.

    There were other things we did where we forwarded mail to another box and
    then used the run-as to view them under user creds that could get the mail
    but not make net connections, but that was really a kludge and I am almost
    embarrassed to bring it up.  From an academic standpoint though, it did
    provide some interesting alternatives...

    hth

    AD