Re: Hushmail.com accounts vulnerable to script attack.

From: Friday Germany (fridaygermanyat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 22:08:14 PDT

    TOPIC: Hushmail.com accounts vulnerable to script
    attack.
    ADVISORY NR: 200102
    DATE: 12-09-01
    VULNERABILITY FOUND AND WRITTEN BY: 1; (One Semicolon)

    CONTACT INFORMATION:
    http://onesemicolon.cjb.net
    meat_private
    *SNIP*

    I can confirm this attack, but I also have to report a
    far more serious vulnerability in Hushmail (which was
    probably executed using the described attack). An
    email was sent using my hushmail account, _including_
    a previous message to the previous recipient of an
    email message. Upon inquiry Hushmail confirmed that
    they had a problem with user authentification but they
    state that no encrypted email was exposed. I also have
    to add that the PGP signature on the email sent
    through my account did not verify. Nevertheless, the
    email originated from Hushmails mailserver and reached
    a recipient _containing_ a previous email. This can do
    some serious damage to people handling confidential
    matters through Hushmail. Hushmail states that the
    problem has been fixed.