Re: Hushmail.com accounts vulnerable to script attack.

From: Brian Smith (sundaydriverat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 13 2001 - 08:57:15 PDT

    The vulnerability has been fixed.  We have no record
    of a notification on September 5th, or we certainly
    would have fixed this earlier.  It was a very
    straightforward issue involving a failure to use the
    htmlspecialchars() PHP function in that area of the
    code.  It is our general practice to always use this
    method when displaying information using PHP in
    order to avoid such scripting vulnerabilities, and we
    regret the unfortunate oversight.

    Many thanks to 1; and everyone else who has helped
    us keep HushMail secure in the past.

    Brian Smith
    Vice President, Engineering
    Hush Communications
    brian.smithat_private

    > TOPIC: Hushmail.com accounts vulnerable to
    script attack.
    > ADVISORY NR: 200102
    > DATE: 12-09-01
    > VULNERABILITY FOUND AND WRITTEN BY: 1;