Question about Local vulnerability in libutil derived with FreeBSD.

From: Rumen Telbizov (altaresat_private)
Date: Fri Sep 21 2001 - 02:31:12 PDT

    Hi guys.

    I've been subscribed in this mailing list for soon
    and I'm not so familiar with the libraries and the
    diferences of Linux and FreeBSD. Anyway ...
    I tried the above vunlarability on 2 FreeBSD 4.3-RELEASE
    boxes and it worked out! I tried this on one Linux RH6.2 box
    with OpenSSH installed on it and it DID NOT work.

    I guess it is because of the lack(or difference) of the
    libutil library? Is it so? Have you got any other information
    about similar vularabilities in OpenSSH running under RH6.2 ?

    Thank you.