Re: Intel.com Mailing List Arbitrary Address Removal Link

From: Ryan M Harris (rmharrisat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 08 2002 - 06:12:29 PST

    Actually-

    This is kind of funny, I reported this exact problem to them (grc.com) on
    earlier in the week.

    I got this response on Wednesday, the 6th:

        ....snip....

        It's not out of laziness or lack of concern or attention that we've
        deliberately chosen not to take any of the measures you've suggested -
    it's
        just that we think it's overkill to put everyone through such measures
    for
        something that's just not going to be much of a problem.

        As you probably know, *ANY* and *EVERY* message that's ever sent by this
        facility will contain a hyper link that takes the recipient directly to
        their own eMail database page where they can edit and/or delete their
        membership instantly.

        We've been literally FLOODED with praise about the simplicity of
        the system which, we're sure, is due in part to the lack of passwords,
        hints, clues, confirmations, and the like.

    Regards,

    Ryan M Harris
    ACD Incorporated
    rmharrisat_private