Re: UPDATE: [wcolburnat_private: SMTP relay through checkpoint firewall]

From: Keith Simonsen (bangelat_private)
Date: Fri Feb 22 2002 - 16:44:00 PST

    Tommaso,

    You are right that the default squid.conf binds to all ip's
    But if you scroll down the the ACL section:

    acl all src 0.0.0.0/0.0.0.0

    #Default:
    # http_access deny all

    So anyone from the net trying to use your proxy will get denied.
    You have to explicitly add acl's to allow any access to the proxy.

    Looks like the squid defaults are pretty secure.

    -Keith