Re: UPDATE: [wcolburnat_private: SMTP relay through checkpoint firewall]

From: Kurt Seifried (bugtraqat_private)
Date: Sat Feb 23 2002 - 13:30:29 PST

    Most vendors ship it with ACL's enabled, red hat for example has the comment
    to the effect of "add your network here" so you need to define the network
    and then create a rule to allow it (otherwise only localhost is allowed by
    default to use squid, reasonably safe). Can't automatically use http_port, I
    mean is 192.168.0.1 "outside", depending on your network it could be)? what
    about 2.3.4.5 or 5.6.7.8? An acceptable solution in my opinion. Plus some of
    us do allow the Internet at large to connect and use the proxy, once they've
    authenticated of course.

    Kurt Seifried, kurtat_private
    A15B BEE5 B391 B9AD B0EF
    AEB0 AD63 0B4E AD56 E574