ATMSNMPD Vulnerable but not Addressed

From: Ross Coppage (coppagerat_private)
Date: Mon May 13 2002 - 08:55:22 PDT

    ATMSNMPD vulnerable???? Yep! I am challenging anyone out
    there to find information on line stating that Sun's
    ATMSNMPD is vulnerable to attack.  As of today May 13 2002
    there is no information identifying this fact.  If you are
    running SunATM 4.0 or 5.0 and have not added the patches
    below you are vulnerable to attack.  Is there sun
    documentation identifying the vulnerability and the urgent
    need to implement the patch?  As of today there is not.
    Sun still has not publicly released this info.  Why I don't
    know.  I had to research the heck out of this to get this
    answer.  See below for more info.
    Patches:
    107915-13: SunATM 4.0 Update1: bug fixes
    109039-09: SunATM 5.0: bug fixes

    (SEE BELOW FOR DETAILS)