Re: It takes two to tango

From: Mike Forrester (mikefat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 31 2002 - 09:42:24 PDT

    > Hi,
    >
    > I just read the article at News.com
    > (http://news.com.com/2100-1023-947325.html?tag=fd_top) about the
    > controversy between HP and Snosoft.  It seems that HP is upset that
    > details of a dangerous security hole in the HP Tru64 operating system
    > were published by "Phased", a security researcher with Snosoft, here on
    > Bugtraq.  I really feel that HP went way over the line by trying to
    > place all the blame on Snosoft for HP's security hole by invoking the
    > DMCA and the Computer Fraud and Abuse Act.

    Sounds like now might be the time to start looking at Espon, Canon, etc. for
    printers and scanners, which sucks cause I've always has good luck with
    their stuff...

    I would suggest that everyone who agrees send HP an email expressing your
    disappointment in this matter.  Just to help those short on time:

    Contact HP (USA):
    http://www.hp.com/country/us/eng/contact_us.htm

    E-mail Carly Fiorina (CEO):
    http://www.hp.com/hpinfo/execteam/email/fiorina/index.htm