Re: Asus AAM6000EV ADSL Router Wide Open

From: cw (securityat_private)
Date: Tue Jul 15 2003 - 06:50:51 PDT

    On Tue, 15 Jul 2003 14:01:34 +0100, Ben Wheeler wrote:
    > It's far worse than that, if the state in which my router was
    > supplied is typical. As I received it, the webserver was enabled by
    > default, *and* was accessible from the internet as well as the
    > local network.

    I too got my router from Solwise however I do not find this to be the case. I have no ip filters set up yet both the telnet and web servers are only accessible from the local network. This was true with both 71205a10 and 71205a32 firmware.

    > Fortunately this
    > has been fixed in the last flash update (71205a32) but this same
    > update also removes the requirement to specify a username. You now
    > only need any one of the valid passwords to login.

    I did notice that too

    *waits for another round of out of office/dead mailbox auto-responders*