Re: [Full-Disclosure] AV "feature" does more DDoS than Sobig

From: Vladimir Parkhaev (vladimirat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 28 2003 - 08:16:57 PDT

    Quoting William Warren (hescominsoonat_private):
    > this is the very reason i block all executables at my firewall...plus it
    > reduces the load on my workstations from having to scan all that
    > garbage..<G>

    firewall? the best place to block IMHO will be on mail gateways
    ( you can bounce it with a nice message like 'atttachements of this
    type are not welcome here' )....

    Full-Disclosure - We believe in it.
    Charter: http://lists.netsys.com/full-disclosure-charter.html