Re: True or False?

From: Raan Young (raan@graand-visions.com)
Date: Mon Oct 15 2001 - 12:49:10 PDT

    >  You should check such things out at www.snopes.com before posting or
    > forwarding.

    I disagree -- somewhat.

    I run a mailing list focused on "hot" virus warnings for my clients and
    others.  I always confirm the reality/hoax nature of the warning before
    I send anything out to my list.  Occasionally I will use my list to warn
    people about hoax virus-warning emails in an effort to help stem the
    tide.  Given the current situation, I have also sent out warnings about
    some of these non-CPU virus hoaxes.

    One of my sources for early-warning of real and hoax virus outbursts is
    the CRIME mailing list.  As such, I think posting to this list is
    appropriate -- however, I think it would be more useful if the posting
    author did the necessary research and also posted links to real/hoax
    information.

    Here are some of the resources I've found quite useful in doing such
    research...
    for virus information:
       http://vil.nai.com/vil/default.asp
       http://www.virusbtn.com/index.html