RE: CRIME Kudos to Acting Police Chief Andrew Kirkland

From: Toby Kohlenberg (toby@private)
Date: Fri Nov 23 2001 - 19:17:51 PST

    Never doubt that we remember the people who died, you presume a great deal
    to think that we didn't lose friends or family. However, your constant
    insistance that we must allow the government's actions to "honor the
    dead" and "remember those who died on 9-11" are equivilent to insisting
    that something must be done "for the sake of the children", which is a
    baseless argument aimed completely at emotion and ignoring all fact.

    At this point however, I'd like to suggest that we are horribly off topic
    and have been for a while and that maybe this thread should die now. In
    the future if someone posts something moderately related (as the initial
    post was) that you disagree with, please just respond to them.

    toby