Re: CRIME Kudos to Acting Police Chief Andrew Kirkland

From: Jere Retzer (retzerj@private)
Date: Tue Nov 27 2001 - 11:47:12 PST

    FARRIMOND Ronald K wrote:

    >Crispin and Andrew, your responses to Ron don't address the main point of
    >Ron's comment which is that the Portland police are misapplying this law.

    We have alll collectively been told to take the off-topic crap
    elsewhere, so I'm trying to keep it topical to CRIME's computer/crime
    subject...

    Kudos for a very intelligent and relevant post. Thank you. I, for one would be very happy to see this list controlled by a moderator. I am not volunteering to do this but would happy if someone is willing to take it on. The purpose of this list, or so I was led to believe is to discuss computer crime and security particularly from a prevention and a somewhat technical perspective.  It seems like lately I've mostly just deleted posts rather than take the time to read them because it has been dominated by "off-topic crap" to use Crispin's phrase.