Re: CRIME IMPORTANT SECURITY UPDATE INFORMATION

From: Crispin Cowan (crispin@private)
Date: Tue Dec 11 2001 - 10:44:25 PST

    Busby, Richard wrote:

    >I am offended that this organization is using the CRIME list as a sales
    >tool. My understanidng is that there was to be NO sales activity here.  Am I
    >off base on this?   I feel that this falls into the category of Spam.

    I interpreted that post as straight up spam, not actually targeted at
    CRIME per se. As such, I reported it to spamcop.net (my spam spanking
    service of choice). There was a standard spam disclaimer at the bottom,
    so I doubt very much that they are actual members of the CRIME community.

    Crispin

    P.S. Please stop cc:'ing the spammer. You've just confirmed that crime
    is a valid mail target.

    --
    Crispin Cowan, Ph.D.